Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday

Isaiah 53:5

I recently had the opportunity to tell a young man I know, the good news of Jesus. As we sat at my kitchen table, I explained why Jesus had to die on the cross. As he listened, I scanned my table for some visual aids. Two pencils became the cross and my friend and I were the salt & pepper shakers, my sugar bowl was at the head of the cross, representing God. 

I explained it again with my visuals, the only way to God is through Jesus. He took the punishment for our sins. By believing Jesus did this, the cross becomes our bridge to God. 

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Romans 10:9


I watched as he had the light bulb expression on his face and exclaimed I totally get it now, it was you and me that put him there!    
YES indeed, I put Him there....my sin was there.  My Lord had heaped on him all the sin of mankind, past, present and future.  HE did this for me, and HE did this for you.  




The story doesn't end on the cross. On Easter Sunday, we celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and the HOPE that gives us the promise ~ Because He lives, we can live also. 

Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span at Calvary!

Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty at Calvary.
William Newell ~ 1895

Please join me today, reflecting what Jesus did for us, as we prepare our heart for the joyful celebration of His resurrection. Easter Sunday.

My post Eternal Destination has been viewed more times than any other post I've written. You can find it **here**



8 comments:

  1. What joy to share salvation's story. You need a flannelgraph in your kitchen! =D I also enjoyed going back to 2012 and reading your linked post. Praise God for what He did. I was just reading today that the triune God decided before the world began that the cross would be the method to take care of sin. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a praise, Abby, for you to share the Gospel with that young man.
    I'm a visual learner, so I can relate.

    Have a blessed Easter.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful opportunity.
    Have a blessed Easter.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing you are Abby - thank you so much for your post.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can just imagine what joy you felt when you witnessed his light bulb moment! That's awesome!! Hope you and your family have a great weekend as you celebrate Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post Abby, thanks so much for sharing the simplicity of the story of the cross' sacrifice.
    Truly As the Lord Jesus cried upon the cross:
    " It is finished!"

    He did it all for us, free salvation.
    It must to be received to be really ours...

    Once we do, how rich we are in Him!!
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thankful for great mercy and free grace! What a thrill to share the gospel right in the middle of your kitchen with saltshakers and pencils.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely wonderful! Thanks for sharing and HAPPY EASTER!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.