Monday, August 17, 2015

Dress A Girl Around the World



Some of you may have heard of the charitable organization Dress A Girl Around the World,  you can find them here:  http://www.dressagirlaroundtheworld.com/

Donna, blogs at Brynwood Needleworks and started the ball rolling as a collection site for people who would like to participate in making these dresses. Her first deadline has passed but I believe she's going to be doing this again. I was inspired to make a dress and send to Donna.

I looked through my stash for the brightest and cheeriest fabric I could find and came up with what you see above. There are little angel faces among the flowers of the fabric, and the bright green pockets have tiny little fish on them. The pattern uses bias tape on the armholes. I've never had a good friendship with bias tape and was apprehensive about using it. I have to say, I think we are going to get along just fine. I added a row of yellow rick rack which I think makes it pop a bit. 




The most important part of making this dress is the little girl who is going to wear it. I prayed for her and thought about her in it, putting her little hands in the pockets. I'm happy that I could participate in this and perhaps will make some more.  The tutorial I used to make this dress was found here: Pillowcase Dress Tutorial  I'm a visual learner and liked the way the instructions and pictures were shown.

If you'd like to participate, visit the site Dress a Girl Around the World for more information. 


Thanks for visiting my blog and/or following by email.  Have a blessed day.

Abby

Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.  Matthew 25:40

8 comments:

  1. Your dress is cheerful and beautiful and therefore some wonderful little girl will feel very special every time she wears this. I just know she will be twirling and smiling. I am making dresses and sending them to Donna also. Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wee frock Abby. i am going to look up the pattern to make a frock to go in our church 'Christmas Boxes' (Samaritan Ministry)
    Blessing
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This dress is adorable. I can imagine the smiles of the girl who gets to wear it. What a lovely idea.
    Hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a darling dress and sweet fabric. I took a closer look to see those angel faces...how perfect! This does get my gears turning. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I'm inspired!
    Extremely useful info specifically the closing part :)
    I handle such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

    my site; เหล็กราคาถูก

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby, what a wonderful project! I am going to check into this and see if I can sew a few and send to Donna. Thanks for sharing. I think the little girl who gets your dress will be blessed indeed ... not only because the dress is so pretty, but because you are praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're always so kind and giving! What a lovely little dress - I'm sure it will brighten a little girl's day to receive it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.